Friday 19 September 2014

MINOR TRIP - DAY 9 @ LONDON


Day 9 is here and we are getting closer to the end of the trip, means we are going back Malaysia soon. Awww.... :( Wondering I should feel happy or sad about it ? 

Our first station will be....King's Cross Metro Station where the Platform 9 3/4 situated ! ONLY HARRY POTTER'S FANS know about this place. We were queueing up to take pictures with the half luggage trolley and birdcage. LOL. Well.. I am not a big fans of Harry Potter but since everyone says this is a MUST TAKE PHOTO... so... there you go. We queued for half and hour and finally is my turn. A good picture captured by Nano :) I am so satisfied with this picture haha. Feeling like a nerd :P 


After that, we were heading to Arsenal Stadium. We can see there's a big smile of Vijay's face as we know that the day is VJ'S DAY !!! He is a super FANS OF ARSENAL FOOTBALL TEAM !!!!

The Arsenal Stadium
 I am not the kind of football fans. I have zero knowledge about the football teams, where they come from, and who are the players. So I just simply gone through the gift shop and check out what's cool there.

ARSENAL souviner shop. Opps I only know about Ozil.

Groupfie with the HAPPY VJ

We didn't get to visit the stadium hall as entrance fees is needed. Since we girls are not a football fans, so we were separated into 2 groups. Ms Sharmila, Hakim and Vijay will be going in to the Stadium Hall while the rest will be following Ms Norji to Tate Modern Museum and Tower Bridge

I like the interior of the Tate Modern Hall. It has a big huge window and very high ceiling wall which added more mysterious to it. 

Tate Modern Museum

The interior space
I wasn't so into it. So I was just randomly walking around the spaces to pass the time. We will meet up with the others after 2 hours. The art pieces are hardly to understand for me. So I did not capture any of it. 

The Millennium Bridge from Tate Modern 
On our way walking to Tower Bridge on Millenium Bridge
We dropped by at a restaurant to have our lunch. The restaurant is promoting their main course - Fish & Chips at 6.90 pounds ! Well it's much cheaper than the other food. So faster grab it ! 

Best Fish & Chips in Town ?? Hmm...

Well, it taste awesome good and crispy !!! I can feel the aroma of fish meat dissolved in my mouth at the first bite. This is the best FISH & CHIPS I had in London ! 

Ice Cream as dessert after lunch :)  The ice cream seems to melt faster in cold weather but WHY ??


                                                Tadaa ! Here we are at Tower of London
Thousands of ceramic red poppies have been planted around the Tower of London for centenary marking the start of the First World War. The Tower seems to be surrounded by seas of RED. The red ceramic poppies are actually created by ceramic artist Paul Cummins and set up by Tom Piper. The poppies are all handmade and unique from each other to representing a British military fatality during the First World War.
The beautiful scenery of Tower of London

                                          We are getting closer to the Tower Bridge
This is THE TOWER BRIDGE !! We have been calling it as LONDON BRIDGE for years ! Now we finally know the truth !

Walking on the Tower Bridge

The bridge is painted in BLUE. Most of the part.

We finally met Ms Sharmila, Hakim and VJ at the Tower Bridge. So, we were heading to Royal Festival Hall at Southbank and found out that there is a night market selling all those delicious local food !!! I can feel my stomach is growling ....gru gru gruuuu. Surprisingly a little simple bites can easily fill our stomach. I am satisfied with it yum yumm.  

The fresh Strawberries :)

Hotdog selling booth

This Huge tasty hotdog sells at 5pounds ! but 4 of us are sharing one in order to save money.

In Western country, the wine can be sells everywhere and it's cheaper than water!! Sadly I am not good at drinking. Wine isn't my cup of tea.


After a tired nightwalk around the Festival Hall, we finally get back to our hostel and sleep. The next day will be our last day in London :(




No comments:

Post a Comment